Frequently Asked Questions
What do you do?
- We are best known for our massive collection of Wedding and Event Rentals. Check out what we offer HERE
- We also Consult, Plan, Coordinate, Style, and Design Weddings and Events
- We have exclusive partnerships with select planners and venues which allow you to take advantage of special discounted rates, when booking these preferred partners. Inquire for more information.
What sets you apart from other rental companies?
- Our process is completely unique and doesn't fit the mold of a typical rental company, you won't find services like ours anywhere else.
- We've created a Concept to Creation method to ensure our clients are aware of, and can plan for all the nuances of a successful island wedding or event. Our definition of a successful event is one where the guests, and more importantly, the guests of honor, can fully enjoy without having to micromanage the very professionals they hire.
- Pioneering unique offerings in wedding and event furnishings, like multiple Farm Table styles and gorgeous decor. Setting the bar high for island events throughout the state.
- Even if you select "rentals only" we are still committed to the whole event and we pay attention the details. Contact us to find out how we can help you achieve the wedding of your dreams.
What cities/locations do you serve?
- We serve all areas of the Big Island, as well as ship linens to outer islands.
Where is your warehouse located?
- Our collection is warehoused at our farm in Kailua Kona, on the Big Island.
- For that reason, our warehouse is closed to the public.
- We are happy to arrange a site visit for closer inspection of select items from our collection.
I would like to see the rentals before ordering.
- Site inspections, are typically arranged by the client at the event space. This way you can preview select rentals, like tableware, linen and décor items. and review the space to determine the best flow for your event. If you select rentals, only we will meet you at a mutually agreed location if the space does not need to be measured.
- Larger items are not available for the standard site visit.
- If you require a full set up of large scale rentals and/or architectural components, we will prepare a standard quote. The rental cost may be credited to the materialized event, less delivery and installation. The actual event information is required to order.
- We are working on a show space for our clients to see their pieces in action. Completion date is targeted for December 2021.
Do you offer line pricing?
- The short answer is no. At Hawaii Island Events, we curate events.
- Focused on the complete design, your package will consist of the needs and wants along with handling, delivery, installation and services. Volume discounts are automatically applied as your package grows.
I have a limited budget and need to know line costs to eliminate items I can't afford. How can I do that if I can't see the line prices?
- Talk to your consultant about your wishlist and budget. We help to prioritize your list so you can achieve your design potential while staying in the parameters of your budget.
What if I want to design my own package?
- Simply add the items you desire to the wishlist and you'll receive a package quote for the available items. (Currently in BETA testing, our wishlist module will change the way you order rentals. Until it's complete, send us your wishes via the contact form above/right and detail your wishes)
- Once we receive your wishlist or online quote request, we'll recommend the must haves that may not have made your list. We want to make sure you don't forget the essentials.
- Once all the needs are covered, we will also include some pretty pieces to enhance your overall design. You decide what you want and what you don't.
- The package is adjusted according to your instructions and requoted.
How does the wishlist work? (in BETA-Coming soon!)
- Click the + icon to populate your wishlist with the services and products you want to include in your package. (not yet available, use the quote request in the navigation menu)
- Once received , we check availability of the items and review the logistic details you've entered.
- We strive to respond within 72 hours, but that is not always possible if we are out for events.
Can I pick up my own rentals?
- We offer will call for linens, tableware, limited catering items, and select small decor. All other items are not available for customer transport or set up.
- A will call service fee will be added to your quote.
All I want is a peacock chair, can I pick that up?
- Items such as peacock chairs require special handling and will only be delivered by our staff. Pick up is not available.
Can you service more than one event per day?
- We are able to service several events on any given day. Weather we can or cannot take your event, depends on it's size, and it's proximity to the events we've already confirmed. If we have reached capacity or will be in a different area, your event will be declined, regardless of what the items are or the quantity.
- If we decline your event, it's because our staff will be busy working the events that were already booked and we aren't available to deliver these items or meet you for pick up.
Can you deliver and set up items the day before and pick up the day after?
- The short answer is YES, but only If we are available to accommodate the date and timing.
- If day before delivery and day after pick up is available, your consultant will advise. We always try our best to accommodate every request.
- If day before delivery and day after pick up is not offered, it's because either the items are not available or we are not available on those dates.
- If we are able to accommodate, you will be required to provide a covered area where the rentals will be set up, such as a tent or pavilion space to protect the rental items from the elements.
- If you order just tableware, linens, and/or small decor we can deliver the items inside the venue or to a covered area.
- You will be required to collect these items and return them to the same spot in the same containers.
- You are responsible