Hawaii Island Events is a diverse group of passionate individuals living life and working together to make beautiful events.
If you're fun loving and have a can do attitude, we WANT YOU to join our team.
FULL TIME EVENT STAFF
We guarantee at least 20 hours per week.
This is a physically demanding position. The candidate must be able bodied and willing to do what it takes to successfully set up each event on time, Must be 18 years or older. No experience required, training provided.
- Has good work ethic.
- Hard working,
- Arrives on time and doesn't call out often
- Able to follow detailed instructions
- Ability to work as a team
- Have reliable transportation to and from our location in Kailua Kona
- Have a working phone
- Able to lift and carry a minimum of 75lbs
- Be able to stand for long periods of time and tolerate the heat and other weather conditions when setting up outdoors
- Willing to work long hours, early morning and late nights when needed
- Clean and sanitize equipment and vehicles
- Accurately count and Pull orders by reading and understanding pull sheets
- Load and safely transport orders to the venue
- Must be able to read and comprehend pull sheets to grasp the overall vision for each project and make a plan to take each project from start to finish in the time allotted
- Must be assertive with customers and able to stick to the plan, regardless of pressure
- Able to use and follow GPS when and if needed
- Hourly PLUS performance bonuses, after probation.
- Bonuses are based on performance
- Varies. Must be available all days, including weekends and holidays.
- Will work a minimum of 20 hours per week
- Some weeks may exceed 50+ hours
- HIE closes for Ironman, Thaksgiving, Christmas and New Years so employees can enjoy time with ohana
- Multiple locations on the Big Island but mostly in Kailua Kona
- Personal protective equipment provided if required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place